[LLVMdev] Accurate garbage collection

Pedro Ferreira pedro.ferreira at imgtec.com
Fri Sep 17 01:55:04 PDT 2010

As I understand it, LLVM simply gives you support for garbage collectors
that you have to implement yourself and link into the final binary,
similar to what C's malloc does (it's a library call). The issue with
GC's is that they need to be provided info about the stack, thats where
LLVM's support comes in.
As far as I know, the garbage collector is linked into the final binary
along with the language's runtime.