[LLVMdev] handle error of getPointerToFunction

Jochen Wilhelmy j.wilhelmy at arcor.de
Wed Oct 27 06:23:19 PDT 2010

> Can you be more precise about where the error occurs?  Depending on
> where it is, LLVM may or may not be able to propagate the error
> safely.

I cannot say where inside llvm the error occurs, but imagine you have a
module added to
an execution engine and then call executionEngine->getPointerToFunction
while the code in your module calls a function that has no
implementation. it is obvious that
llvm has to report an error, but currently the program exits and the
documentation of
getPointerToFunction does not say what happens if such an error occurs.
If this still does not help or the reported behaviour is atypical, I can
step into it and check what llvm does.

-Jochen