[LLVMdev] Re : Source to source translation.

Matthieu Wipliez mwipliez at yahoo.fr
Thu Oct 21 01:27:49 PDT 2010

Hello Carlos,

I don't think so.
LLVM is not a source-to-source translator, but an optimizing compiler based on a
portable, typed, assembly-like intermediate representation. One of the primary
goals of LLVM is to generate optimized object code on a variety of platforms.
Even if you do not use any optimizations, your C++ code would still need to be
lowered to LLVM, which makes it very hard to get the same code back (if at all
possible).
Maybe something along the lines of TXL would be more appropriate for what you
want to do?

Matthieu