[LLVMdev] Re : How to assign a constant to a register?

Matthieu Wipliez mwipliez at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 20 04:31:01 PDT 2010

leledumbo,

from what you say, I assume you have some kind of representation (AST or a
lower-level intermediate representation) from which you generate LLVM assembly.
Is this representation in SSA form?
If it is, you might want to do a "copy propagation" transformation that replaces
the uses of all variables that are assigned a constant value by their
definitions.
Example:

x = 5
y = x + 1