[LLVMdev] Move ATTRIBUTE_FOO macros to LLVM_ATTRIBUTE_FOO

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Wed Oct 20 01:31:48 PDT 2010

I'd like to rename all of our macros to have LLVM_ or CLANG_ as a prefix
(not sure if there are any where the latter is more appropriate, but I may
find them).

As LLVM and Clang are more and more widely used as libraries, these generic
names have a high likelihood of collision with existing macros:
http://google.com/codesearch?as_q=ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED

I'm adding the new macros now, and if I don't hear any objections, I'll
switch every use over tomorrow. I'll then leave the old names for a few
days, maybe a week, and then fix any new uses and remove them. Comments
welcome. =]