[LLVMdev] Invoking LLVM front-end

ether zhhb etherzhhb at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 08:29:56 PDT 2010

hi,

I have done something like this,  i am focusing translating LLVM IR to
Verilog HDL, but not care about C/C++ source code at this moment.

I implement this as a llvm backend as Kunkel said.

At the current state, i write my own schedule DAGNode classes, which
allow me to schedule multiple Nodes to the same cycle, perform
resource binding and register allocation.

And i am planning to implement a generic LLVM target machine, so i can
and first translate LLVM IR to LLVM machine code, to leverage existing
low level llvm optimizations. and then i will translate these LLVM
machine code to my own schedule DAGNodes.

and you could also have a look at this: http://legup.org/, this is a
open source high level synthesis project(not my project).

best regards
ether