[LLVMdev] [LLVMDev] Has anyone written this?

Jeff Kunkel jdkunk3 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 17:03:02 PDT 2010

It would go something like like the code below. The goal would be to
turn the basic blocks which the graph looks like "...->x->y->..."
where the instructions of x and y could live in the same basic block
without a jump or fall through in between.

    bool runOnMachineFunction(MachineFunction &mf) {
      BitVector seen( mf.size() );
      for( unsigned i = 0, e = mf.size(); i != e; ++i ) {
        if( seen[i] )
          continue;
        seen[i] = true;
        MachineBasicBlock * start, *block;
        start = block = mf.getBlockNumbered(i);
        std::vector< MachineBasicBlock* > blocks;
        while( block->succ_size() == 1 &&
(*block->succ_begin())->pred_size() == 1 ) {
          block = *block->succ_begin();
          seen[block->getNumber()] = true;
          blocks.push_back( block );
        }
        // TODO:
        // For each basic block bb in blocks in order of insersion:
        // 1. Remove basic blocks in the block vector from the machine function.
        // 2. Remove the jump from the start block if it exists.
        // 3. Add the instruction from bb into the start block.
      }

Thanks,
Jeff Kunkel