[LLVMdev] questions about gold plugin

Ryan M. Lefever lefever at illinois.edu
Tue Oct 5 00:42:26 PDT 2010

I am a bit confused by the documentation of the gold plugin
(http://llvm.org/docs/GoldPlugin.html).  I want to use the gold plugin
on my Linux system so I can run "llvm-gcc -use-gold-plugin."  In the
documentation it talks about building gold with plugin support (which
involves running "make gold-all") and building the LLVMgold plugin
(which involves configuring LLVM with the --with-binutils-include
option).  Do I need to do both?

I am trying to build the gold plugin for LLVM 2.6. Is there a particular
version of the gold plugin I should get?  The instructions in the
documentation do not mention anything about different versions of the
gold plugin.

Thanks,
Ryan