[LLVMdev] way to determine which version of llvm for llvm-gcc? Xcode specifically

Jim Grosbach grosbach at apple.com
Mon Oct 4 17:47:40 PDT 2010

Hi Robb,

When you run llvm-gcc with -v, you should see as part of the output something like:
gcc version 4.2.1 (Based on Apple Inc. build 5658) (LLVM build 2366.3)

That last bit on the end is an llvm tag version and should do the trick for what you're looking for. They generally refer to the tags at http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/tags/Apple.

-Jim