[LLVMdev] JavaScript Backend

David LaPalomento dlapalomento at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 20:11:07 PDT 2010

Hi all,
Over the past couple weeks, I've been putting together a JavaScript
backend for LLVM. At this point, I believe I've got reasonable
implementations for all the instructions, primitives and derived
types. I haven't gotten around to most of the intrinsics but I thought
it would be a good idea to start getting some feedback before going
much further. If anyone has the time and interest to check it out, the
repo is up at http://github.com/dmlap/llvm-js-backend.

What I'm missing is a good understanding of what IR features language
developers are using that have to be implemented to make the
JavaScript backend a viable target. Any suggestions or pointers would
be greatly appreciated!

David