[LLVMdev] CMake "sudo make install" & headers

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Fri Oct 1 16:23:09 PDT 2010

Samuel Williams <space.ship.traveller at gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry for the rapid fire replies, but this configuration works for me:

It "works" on the sense that it installs the headers, but removing the
FILES_MATCHING clause changes the semantics of the command: the
subsequent PATTERNs that controls which files are to be installesd
becomes ineffective.

> install(DIRECTORY include/
>   DESTINATION include
> #  FILES_MATCHING
>   PATTERN "*.def"
>   PATTERN "*.h"
>   PATTERN "*.td"
>   PATTERN "*.inc"
>   PATTERN ".svn" EXCLUDE
>   )
>
> install(DIRECTORY ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/include/
>   DESTINATION include
> #  FILES_MATCHING
>   PATTERN "*.def"
>   PATTERN "*.h"
>   PATTERN "*.gen"
>   PATTERN "*.inc"
>   # Exclude include/llvm/CMakeFiles/intrinsics_gen.dir, matched by "*.def"
>   PATTERN "CMakeFiles" EXCLUDE
>   PATTERN ".svn" EXCLUDE
>   )
>
> It seems like there is either a bug with FILES_MATCHING or an issue
> with the way it is being used.

It is clear that CMake is not behaving as it should in your
machine. Please file a bug report on the CMake bug tracker with the
necessary information for reproducing it (versions, commands for
building and installing LLVM starting from the "svn checkout", etc)

[snip]