[LLVMdev] Patch for V7M

Paul Curtis plc at rowley.co.uk
Sat Nov 27 13:17:55 PST 2010

Hello All,

Attached  is a patch for the ARM target.  The ARM v7M profile does not
have  the  signed most-significant-word multiply instruction so SMMUL,
for instance, is not valid on Cortex-M3 and Cortex-M4.

The   attached   patch  adds  an  additional  attribute, +mmul,  which
controls most-significant word multiplies on v6T2+ targets.

This is especially important for me now that I've started to benchmark
clang+llvm against GCC for some of my integer mathematical functions.

It's  my first contributed, small patch to LLVM, so please, be kind...
:-)

-- Paul.