[LLVMdev] Anyone notice the duplication of ELF Relocation enums in two different places?

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 13:09:49 PST 2010

On 22 November 2010 20:52, Jason Kim <jasonwkim at google.com> wrote:
> So far, for X86 identical ELF relocation flags show up in
>
> include/llvm/Support/ELF.h and
> lib/Target/X86/X86ELFWriterInfo.h
>
> Not to mention, there are two different files named ELF.h

I would say that ELF.h should be the canonical one.

> ./lib/CodeGen/ELF.h
> ./include/llvm/Support/ELF.h
>
> I'd think the latter should be renamed MCELFSupport.h

The first one should probably be removed. It is included from

JITDebugRegisterer.cpp
ELFCodeEmitter.cpp
ELFWriter.cpp

We might be able to remove the last two files today. Any missing
information in the first can probably be inlined while the MCJIT is
implemented. I will take a look at what is using this.

> Thanks!
> -jason

Cheers,
Rafael