[LLVMdev] LLVM new backend compiling/linking problem

NAKAMURA Takumi geek4civic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 20:26:51 PST 2010

Good afternoon, Prasanna.
M68k is interesting (to me)!

2010/11/18 Prasanna Gautam <prasannagautam at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>  I'm getting the following error when I'm trying to compile/link llvm with a
> backend I have. Running make on the /lib/M68K directory ends without any
> errors, and I have made all the required files and functions as outlined
> in http://llvm.org/releases/2.5/docs/WritingAnLLVMBackend.html
> I copied most of the files from Sparc backend and remove the content from
> functions mostly. Anyone has seen this error before?

Can lib/Target/M68K be compiled from top-level?

I guess you are building on 2.7, but anyway, why do you refer to 2.5 docs?

Does your tools/llvm-config/llvm-config.in have "M68K" in @TARGETS_BUILT?
"tools" uses llvm-config to determine libraries.
$ Release+Asserts/bin/llvm-config mblaze --libs
-lLLVMMBlazeDisassembler -lLLVMMBlazeAsmParser -lLLVMMBlazeCodeGen
(snip)
-lLLVMSupport -lLLVMSystem

You may seek and refer to initial commits about recent backends in svn tree.
(eg. mblaze, nvptx)

Cheers I loved m68k, ...Takumi