[LLVMdev] Is it possible to run llvm on mips machine?

Michael.Kang blackfin.kang at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 21:22:41 PST 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 12:11 AM, Bruno Cardoso Lopes
<bruno.cardoso at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 5:39 AM, Michael.Kang <blackfin.kang at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I like to get the support of llvm runtime so that I can run some VM
>> that depends on llvm. I googled porting keyword
>> and also simply try to cross compile llvm. Just like to know is it
>> possbile ? Does any modification needed?
>
> You can compile and run llvm tools in a mips machine, but mips+JIT is
> not supported.
If I like to do some investigation on the MIPS JIT or some exercise
development on MIPS JIT. Where should I begin? Or what is it's current
status?
I am a completely newbie for llvm development. Just ever used X86 JIT
to simulate something.

Thanks
MK

--