[LLVMdev] I source required?

Xerxes RĂ„nby xerxes at zafena.se
Fri Nov 5 04:40:41 PDT 2010

On 2010-11-04 12:50, Shaun savage wrote:
> I am using Ubuntu 10.04, I have installed  llvm 2.7 using
> apt-get(synaptic).  I really do not want to install the souce, build
> it,......
>
> the include is at /usr/include/llvm/
> the lib is at /usr/lib/llvm/lib/
> the configure stuff is /usr/lib/lvm/build/
> the llvm bins is in PATH
>
> I am try to write a configure.ac
>
> any ideas?

Hi

Try make use of the system installed llvm-config script to extract all
data you need for configure.ac in your project.
You can check how other projects that makes use of llvm have implemented
their configure.ac files.

example: around line 410 the icedtea projects configure.ac file it will
detect what llvm version are installed and if it was built as a shared
library or not by making use of llvm-config.
http://icedtea.classpath.org/hg/icedtea6/file/tip/configure.ac

Cheers
Xerxes