[LLVMdev] LLVM Cmake module?

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Wed Nov 3 22:22:37 PDT 2010

[Please don't top-post.]

Eli Gottlieb <eligottlieb at gmail.com> writes:

> After I actually get everything compiling, install the library, and
> load it from my Java program, I get the following:
>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
>> /usr/lib/libjllvm.so: /usr/lib/libjllvm.so: undefined symbol:
>> _ZTVN10__cxxabiv120__si_class_type_infoE
> If I have to guess, this means that the CMake stuff given is linking
> to the C++ libraries of LLVM when I wanted them linking to the C
> bindings.  Any ideas?  I definitely included the headers for the C
> bindings only.

The error is about missing RTTI support (C++ runtime type
information). The C bindings are just a layer around the C++ LLVM
libraries. More specifically, the LLVM libraries must be linked to the
C++ runtime to work. So use g++ for linking or pass the C++ runtime
libraries on the link command (stdc++ and maybe some other).