[LLVMdev] LLVM Cmake module?

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Wed Nov 3 10:53:13 PDT 2010

Eli Gottlieb <eligottlieb at gmail.com> writes:

> The two lines
>> set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH ${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH}
>> "${LLVM_ROOT}/share/llvm/cmake")
>> include(LLVM)
> don't seem to work.  I'm checking with installing LLVM from source to
> see if that makes it work, but the LLVM install from the Ubuntu repos
> doesn't seem to have a /usr/share/llvm directory at all.

I'm certain that the LLVM distributed with Ubuntu was built with the
config&make procedure, so it is expected that it lacks CMake-related
features.

> Like I said, checking with a hand-compiled installation to see if this
> is a problem with that CMakeLists code, with LLVM, or with Ubuntu.

You are assigning to the LLVM_ROOT variable the root install directory
of LLVM, aren't you?

Please show the exact sequence of commands you used for building &
installing LLVM, the relevant part of your project's CMakeLists.txt and
the cmake command you used for configuring your project.