[LLVMdev] Assertion when loading bitcode

hannibal_08 at mail.com hannibal_08 at mail.com
Sat May 29 15:52:35 PDT 2010

>> I can cross-compile LLVM-2.5 to ARM and run lli on a simulator in debug
>> mode . However, when I now compile with optimization enabled, lli
>> triggers an assertion when loading bitcode files. The assertion looks
>> like this :

>are you not able to use a more recent version of LLVM like LLVM-2.7?

I tried out LLVM-2.7.  It  also triggers an  assertion. This time it is :

lli: /home/Virement/llvm/llvm-2.7/lib/VMCore/Value.cpp:394: void llvm::ValueHandleBase::AddToExistingUseList(llvm::ValueHandleBase**): Assertion `VP == Next->VP && "Added to wrong list?"' failed.
0  lli 0x00658c30
Stack dump:
0.      Program arguments: /arm-linux-llvm-2.7/bin/lli  -march=arm /twofuncs.bc
Aborted

Thanks