[LLVMdev] "\01__isoc99_fscanf"

Ryan M. Lefever lefever at illinois.edu
Fri May 28 18:43:13 PDT 2010

I have a bitcode file Y that has a symbol __isoc99_fscanf in it.  When
I disassemble the bitcode, the symbol is written as
"\01__isoc99_fscanf".  I am wondering where this symbol is coming from?
  I grep'ed throughout /usr on my machine for both names, and I only
found __isoc99_fscanf, without the special character in front.

Regardless of where the symbol is coming from, I am trying to write a
wrapper function in C, for each external function called in the bitcode
file Y.  By my own convention, the wrapper for a function f() is given
the name f___xxxx___().  However, I can not seam to imitate the special
character at the front of __isoc99_fscanf, when I'm writing the C code.
  Is there a way to do it, or do I need to revise my naming convention.

Regards,
Ryan