[LLVMdev] LatticeMico32 (LM32) backend

Samuel Crow samuraileumas at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 06:32:41 PDT 2010

Hello Sébastien,

Making backends to LLVM is a significant amount of work.  If you want somebody to do it for you, either offer some payment or do your own coding.  Keep in mind that the bread-and-butter support for LLVM comes from Apple computer so unless the next iPad will start using softcores, be prepared to pursue the other courses of action I laid out.

I may be having to write a backend to the N68050 softcore soon but am busy writing my own LLVM-based compiler at the moment so don't expect me to jump up and down with excitement just because there is a new softcore that doesn't have a compiler for it.  That is my perspective.

Now for the good news:  LLVM is not just a compiler, it is a compiler framework.  There are dozens of programming languages being based on LLVM.  If you still decide to make an LLVM backend for your softcore, you can certainly find help here with your programming questions and TableGen problems.

--Sam