[LLVMdev] hexcode from llvm

JayaSus jayasnair at gmail.com
Thu May 20 18:18:33 PDT 2010

Hi Bill Wendling.
I am trying to get a hexcode as shown below for mips processor using llvm

Disassembly of section .text:

00000000 <main>:
   0:   27bdffe8        addiu   sp,sp,-24
   4:   afbe0010        sw      s8,16(sp)
   8:   03a0f021        move    s8,sp
   c:   24020004        li      v0,4
  10:   afc20008        sw      v0,8(s8)
  14:   24020005        li      v0,5
  18:   afc20004        sw      v0,4(s8)
  1c:   8fc30008        lw      v1,8(s8)
  20:   8fc20004        lw      v0,4(s8)
  24:   00000000        nop
  28:   00621021        addu    v0,v1,v0
  2c:   afc20000        sw      v0,0(s8)
  30:   03c0e821        move    sp,s8

Is there any pass or buildin command for llvm to generate this. llvm-dis
will only generate the assembly code and not the hexcode.

Moreover how can I compile c code for mips using llvm-gcc? llvm-gcc -b mips
t.c complains it wouldn't know the -b option.

Thanks