[LLVMdev] Possible memory leak in LLVM 2.5

Jeffrey Yasskin jyasskin at google.com
Mon May 17 22:22:58 PDT 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 8:13 PM, Rob Grapes <Rob.Grapes at ur.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi Reid,
>
> I guess it's not so much a memory leak, as unexpected behaviour, resulting in excessive memory use.

Yeah, it sounds like a Java-leak rather than the kind of leak valgrind
would find. We fixed all the valgrind-detected leaks shortly after 2.7
branched, but I don't think I touched this file.

I'm not going to have time to look at this in the near future, but if
you can write a small program that compiles against llvm trunk (2.5 is
too old, and 2.7 is nearly so, unfortunately) and uses increasing
amounts of memory over time just from calling runFunction repeatedly,
you should file a bug at llvm.org/bugs