[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] New libc++ LLVM Subproject

Daniel Berlin dberlin at dberlin.org
Wed May 12 08:39:12 PDT 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Anton Korobeynikov
<anton at korobeynikov.info> wrote:
>> Errr, that is a pretty old version at this point.
>> Also this was before significant performance improvements were target
>> at libstdc++ *and* g++.
> Because this is the last version of gcc "oficially" available for
> darwin? Noone cares about newer gcc / libstdc++ there.
> I consider this pretty strange as well :)

When you are trying to make at least a reasonably fair comparison
between two sets of libraries and compilers,
you shouldn't use significantly old versions of one and the latest of
the other, and then say "see the new hotness is faster and better".

It may indeed be so, but when presented as justification, you should
take the time to do it right.

*Especially* when the likelihood of something like this getting copied
and pasted all over the web is pretty high.

--Dan