[LLVMdev] MC ELF support

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Tue May 11 16:48:03 PDT 2010

Hi guys,

attached are a couple of work in progress patches for ELF support in the
MC module. I'm sending this email to gather some general feedback on the
code. Applying these patches doesn't get you a fully working llvm-mc
that understands ELF; it's just the ground work. I've got a couple more
small patches that fixup some places that assume Mach-O object format
which I'll send later in the week.

0001-target-asm-backend-add-reloc-info.patch:

This patch adds information to allow MC to handle ELF relocations.

0002-mcelfstreamer.patch:

This is the largest patch. It fleshes out the ELF support.

0003-hookup-x86-elf-writer.patch:

Code to get the ELF writer working with x86.

0004-type-asm-directive.patch:

This patch allows the assembler to handle the .type directive.

Comments?