[LLVMdev] Scope of JIT implementation for the target?

Yuri yuri at tsoft.com
Sat May 8 12:45:04 PDT 2010

I see that JIT isn't supported for the Sparc targets for example.
What is the scope of the change to add JIT support.

I see, for example, that for X86 target class X86JITInfo is defined with
10 methods. It's only used in one place: setPICBase. Also
createX86JITCodeEmitterPass creates JIT pass -- very simple.

So is implementing these steps enough to add JIT, or there are some
hidden difficulties that aren't obvious?

Yuri