[LLVMdev] Failure to compile llvm-gcc-4.2-2.7 on FreeBSD on sparc machine

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Thu May 6 00:29:00 PDT 2010

> SparcTargetMachine.h file lists SparcV9TargetMachine as 64-bit machine and
> SparcV8TargetMachine as 32-bit machine.
> And SparcInstrInfo.td seems to contain some of the V9-only instructions.
>
> Are you sure 64-bit sparc isn't supported at all?
Ah, sorry, I was looking into wrong sources - too much different LLVM
trees around :) It seems that someone already provided 64 bit target
data.

In this case you probably need to add proper "sparc64" target triple
recognition code, then make sure that 64 bit subtarget is selected and
fix all the sparc codegen bugs you'll see on the way (I'd expect
plenty of them since sparc backend is unmaintained).

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov