[LLVMdev] Getting started with LLVM on Win32 from non-C/C++ language

Samuel Crow samuraileumas at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 10:50:42 PDT 2010

Hello again Barry,

In order to compile LLVM from Visual C++, you should use CMake to create the project file.  See http://www.cmake.org/ for downloads.

I was going to work on an FPC compatible backend by adding the Borland Fastcall calling convention to the x86 backend but I've run into two snags:  1.  I've never used the TableGen utility and I haven't gotten around to figuring it out, and 2.  the person who was making the runtime library for the dialect of BASIC that I'm working on (he was using Delphi) has not been in contact with us for some time and we're thinking of dropping that runtime idea and just using a LibC-based solution.

I hope this answers your questions,

--Sam