[LLVMdev] MinGW LLVM-GCC usage issues

Jon jon.forums at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 09:00:28 PDT 2010

I'm using LLVM-GCC to compile more of the apps I use on my Windows systems and have made mods to Makefile's to accomodate the following issues.  Is there anything in the upcoming 2.7 release that make these mods unnecessary?

1) Explicitly passing the linker -Wl,--enable-stdcall-fixup.  From an earlier post from Anton I recall that this may not required in 2.7.

2) As binutils windres executable from http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/GNU%20Binutils/ defaults to using gcc as the preprocessor, I've hacked up Makefiles (eg - vim) to use something similar to:

   $(WINDRES) --preprocessor="$(CC) -E -xc" -DRC_INVOKED ...

so that CC=llvm-gcc.exe overrides work as expected.  I'm not sure this is the best way to "fix" the issue but I do not believe maintaining a custom llvm-windres.exe is the solution either.  Other ideas?

Jon