[LLVMdev] Summer of Code idea -- detecting undefined behavior

易秋萍 yiqiuping at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 19:28:38 PDT 2010

 Hi, dear LLVMers

I am Qiuping Yi. I am interested in John's SoC project idea, developing
Clang's support for detecting undefined behaviors in C/C++, and hope John
 to be my mentor.

I wish to implement detecting some undefined behaivors ranging from
easy (such as detecting divide by zero) to rather troublesome ones
(such as detecting references to out-of-scope automatic variables).

I know well about C/C++,  and I major in program analysis and verification.
Now I am a grade-two master student of Institute of Software Chinese
Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China. I always pay close attention to many
compiler optimization technologies. Now I also attend another project
based on LLVM, in which I need to implement detecting whether the subscript
 is out of the bounds of arrays.

I hope I can have a chance to make some contribution to LLVM and Clang.

Qiuping Yi

2010-03-25
 yiqiuping1986