[LLVMdev] "Different" Summer of Code Ideas

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Mon Mar 22 20:06:16 PDT 2010

Hello LLVMers (in particular, LLVMers interested in GSoC),

Since people seem interested in GSoC project ideas, here is one that
might not be totally obvious -- work on LLVM's testing infrastructure!
:)

I have been working hard on modernizing our nightly test performance
monitoring software, but there is a lot more work to be done. As LLVM
developers, we rely on this software for tracking performance, but
don't get much time to maintain or improve it.

I would really like to find a motivated student who enjoys building
user interfaces and web apps (and preferably has some experience) and
would like to contribute to the LLVM project. There are lots of
opportunities to make an interesting project out of this -- either at
a very application level by redefining the UI, or at a more research
level by focusing on the compiler-related aspects of performance
testings (for example, automatically looking for micro-architectural
performance variations).

Please let me know if you are interested in this kind of a Summer of
Code project.

Cheers,
 - Daniel