[LLVMdev] Syntax of 'br', 'switch' and 'indirectbr'

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Mon Mar 8 02:47:33 PST 2010

On 7 March 2010 05:18, Jianzhou Zhao <jianzhou at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> be of type 'label',

I'm not the expert, but I guess it's because EVERY type in LLVM is
specified, even when redundant. Probably to avoid the possible case
when it looks redundant but it's not, and we're too late to fix, since
everyone is using the "feature" for their own purposes.

Safety is always redundant, until it really matters...

cheers,
--renato

http://systemcall.org/

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at