[LLVMdev] Problem with ALWAYS_INLINE

Edmund Grimley Evans Edmund.Grimley-Evans at arm.com
Wed Mar 3 02:02:40 PST 2010

Using GCC 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-11) I've had this problem with
the ALWAYS_INLINE directive in SelectionDAGISel.cpp:

/arm/scratch/egrimley/llvm.svn/lib/CodeGen/SelectionDAG/SelectionDAGISel.cpp: In function `bool CheckChildType(const unsigned char*, unsigned int&, llvm::SDValue, const llvm::TargetLowering&, unsigned int)':
/arm/scratch/egrimley/llvm.svn/lib/CodeGen/SelectionDAG/SelectionDAGISel.cpp:1880: sorry, unimplemented: inlining failed in call to 'bool CheckType(const unsigned char*, unsigned int&, llvm::SDValue, const llvm::TargetLowering&)': function body not available
/arm/scratch/egrimley/llvm.svn/lib/CodeGen/SelectionDAG/SelectionDAGISel.cpp:1894: sorry, unimplemented: called from here
make[3]: ***
[/arm/scratch/egrimley/llvm-svn-obj/lib/CodeGen/SelectionDAG/Debug/SelectionDAGISel.o] Error 1

I've not investigated any further as I'll probably switch to a newer GCC
quite soon anyway. As a work-around I've changed 4 to 5 in these lines
in include/llvm/Support/Compiler.h:

#if (__GNUC__ > 3 || (__GNUC__ == 3 && __GNUC_MINOR__ >= 4))
#define ALWAYS_INLINE __attribute__((always_inline))

Perhaps this change should be committed.

--
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.