[LLVMdev] Embedding LLVM

George Giorgidze ggg at cs.nott.ac.uk
Tue Mar 2 01:28:30 PST 2010

Sean Hunt <rideau3 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a guide anywhere to embedding LLVM into a program to compile
> and run a DSEL?
>
> Thanks,
> Sean

Hi Sean,

http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/BASIC
http://augustss.blogspot.com/2009/02/more-basic-not-that-anybody-should-
care.html

The above is a nice, small and fun example by Lennart Augustsson that
demonstrates how to embed basic version of BASIC in Haskell. Embedded BASIC
programs are JIT compiled and executed using Haskell bindings of LLVM.

I myself am developing a Haskell embedded DSL for equational modelling and
simulation of physical systems. The language is characterised by repeated
program generation, compilation and execution to enable efficient modelling and
simulation of hybrid, highly dynamic systems.

Related papers and the implementation is on my web page:
http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~ggg/

I hope the above helps.
Cheers, George