[LLVMdev] Tag number of OCaml Variant in executionengine

Jianzhou Zhao jianzhou at seas.upenn.edu
Tue Mar 2 04:40:36 PST 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 3:23 AM, Erick Tryzelaar
<idadesub at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 7:34 AM, Jianzhou Zhao <jianzhou at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
>> Another quick question.
>> In ./bindings/ocaml/Makefile.ocaml, the configurations when
>> ENABLE_OPTIMIZED<>1 are commented, which set -g flag to $(OCAMLC).
>> Is that for back-compatibility to support OCaml < 3.10.0?
>
> At the time, we were still supporting 3.09. It sounds like everyone's
> updated to 3.11 though, so it may be worth enabling it. Would anyone
> have any complaints if I did?

I am always using the lastest OCaml. But I also have older OCaml
installed if any tool has to use an old version.

BTW: Does the current OCaml binding do native compilation? It seems
to me that they are compiled by 'ocamlc' but not 'ocamlopt'. Is there any
problem if we support native compilation? Thanks.

--
Jianzhou