[LLVMdev] paramter attributes and function types

james woodyatt jhw at conjury.org
Mon Mar 1 09:56:30 PST 2010

On Mar 1, 2010, at 04:43, Duncan Sands wrote:
> [I wrote:]
>>
>> Nevertheless, the LLVM Language Reference document suggests, in the examples for the Function Types section, that parameter attributes are part of function types.
>
> Where exactly?  I don't see it in the online version.

See <http://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html#t_function> and look at the second example:

	float (i16 signext, i32 *) *

	Pointer to a function that takes an i16 that should be sign extended
	and a pointer to i32, returning float.

Hence, my confusion over the issue.  If parameter attributes aren't included in function types, then I'd like to know how to call a function through a pointer of the type in the example above.  I must be failing still to comprehend an important concept in the language.

—
j h woodyatt <jhw at conjury.org>
http://jhw.vox.com/