[LLVMdev] 2nd attempt for a working patch for bug 2606

Jeffrey Yasskin jyasskin at google.com
Mon Mar 1 08:31:16 PST 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 4:52 AM, Garrison Venn <gvenn.cfe.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> I do have one question though. After having done the fix and the appropriate unit tests,
> does one still need to add to the tests suite for the testing bots, and add to test for make
> check (for this kind of bug fix)? Do the unittests somehow get invoked by make check? I
> guess I don't really understand the relation between the tests exercised by the unittests
> target, and the tests exercised by the check target. Maybe there isn't any.

The unit tests do get run by `make check-lit` and by the build bots. I
suspect they're not run by `make check`, but check-lit is faster
anyway. A unit test is sufficient for this change (and maybe all you
can possibly write given that it requires multiple modules in the same
JIT, which lli isn't set up to do.)

Sorry they aren't better documented.