[LLVMdev] vmkit build problems

Zoe Wolk zoewolk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 07:49:10 PDT 2010

Hi again Nicolas,

Can you please tell me the output of your llvm-gcc -v
and llvm-config -version?
Mine is below, perhaps its because I built llvm with enable-jit?

Do you have users of vmkit?  ie has anyone other than
the llvm team been successful at building and running
vmkit?

I tried on a core2 machine (albeit also karmic) and have
the same problem.

Can you build a fresh machine (virtual machine)
using svn llvm, llvm-gcc, and vmkit successfully
and send out your steps?  If not, can you please send
me the output of 'dpkg -l |grep ii'?

thanks

llvm-gcc -v

Using built-in specs.
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../llvm-gcc-4.2/configure
--prefix=/home/zoewolk/RESEARCH/LLVMSystem --enable-languages=c,c++
--enable-checking --enable-llvm=/home/zoewolk/RESEARCH/LLVMSystem/llvm
--disable-bootstrap --disable-multilib --program-prefix=llvm-
Thread model: posix

llvm config.status:
It was created by llvm configure 2.8svn, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.60.  Invocation command line was

  $ ./configure --prefix=/home/zoewolk/RESEARCH/LLVMSystem
--enable-optimized --enable-jit --enable-targets=x86,cpp
--with-udis86=/home/zoewolk/RESEARCH/udis86/lib
--with-llvmgccdir=/home/zoewolk/RESEARCH/LLVMSystem

Linux karmic kernel 2.6.27.5 x86_64 SMP
gcc version 4.2.1 (Based on Apple Inc. build 5658) (LLVM build)