[LLVMdev] build errors while cross compiling llvm-gcc for ARM

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Mon Jun 28 01:27:04 PDT 2010

> Sorry about that.  As you can see, I'm using binutils (ld & as ) from arm
> toolchain we use to build things for our target.
>
> arm_a_b_c_ld -v gives 2.17.50.20070611
>
> arm_a_b_c_as -v gives 2.17.50.20070611
This is definitely not the latest binutils you've stated before. As
you might see - these are at least 3 years old and are known to be
heavily buggy on ARM.

> Do you belive that older binaries of (linker & assembler) can cause performance drop ?
No. They are just buggy (at least assembler).

> Unfortunately I'm not in a position to update the arm compiler for my company :)
Well, sorry, then you're not lucky then. You should expect invalid
code / spurious error messages produced in many places (and you
already saw this!)

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov