[LLVMdev] LLVM:help

John Criswell criswell at uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 24 08:15:41 PDT 2010

RAJWINDER SINGH wrote:
> I am making a CDFG graph out of the instruction.

What is a CDFG?  Do you mean a control dependence graph?
Control-dependence can be computed utilizing the PostDominatorTree pass.
> for that purpose I require the name because
> if I am using its ID then ID may be same for the two such variables.

What do you mean by an instruction's ID?

> How can I distinguish b/w them?

I'm assuming that you're writing an LLVM analysis pass that creates this
CDFG data structure as an internal, in-memory data structure.  If that
is the case, then you simply use the pointer to the Instruction object
to identify it.  Each Instruction object inhabits a different location
in memory; therefore, pointers to them are unique.

-- John T.