[LLVMdev] [RFC/PATCH] IntrinsicLowering improvements

Peter Collingbourne peter at pcc.me.uk
Tue Jun 22 13:12:36 PDT 2010

Hi,

This is more of an RFC than for committing (hence the post to
llvmdev) but I'd like to have some opinions on these improvements
to IntrinsicLowering before I go ahead and implement the rest of
the intrinsics.

My main motivation for the single-thread lowering is to be able to run
code that uses these intrinsics in the KLEE symbolic execution engine
but I imagine it could have other uses such as a whole-program LTO
that lowers atomic operations to more efficient non-atomic operations
when it is known to be safe to do so.

The LowerIntrinsicCall method would need to be refactored into
multiple methods I think, but I'm not sure about the granularity.
Do we need more than standard and single-thread?

Thanks,
--
Peter