[LLVMdev] Win32 COFF Support

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Sun Jun 13 03:34:19 PDT 2010

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 18:15:23 -0400, Bigcheese <bigcheesegs at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was looking into writing this test for MC based on the MachO tests,
> but llvm-mc cannot read .s files as COFF because it simply lacks
> support for it. It tries to read everything as MachO.

FYI, I've been working wth Daniel to try and pull all the Mach-O
specific things out of llvm-mc and lib/MC and put them into object file
classes. Once those patches are merged it should be a small matter of
programming to get COFF support for llvm-mc, given that the ObjectWriter
and Streamer stuff is already written.