[LLVMdev] Error while compiling mysql using LLVM-gold

Guoliang Jin jingl1345 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 20:38:23 PDT 2010

Hello,

I am trying to compile mysql using LLVM and I am found the following
"If you just want to use *LLVM*'s link-time optimizations, you will need to
use the libLTO library with your linker.  Your linker, in turn, must be
able to support plugins (like the gold linker, for example).  For
directions on how to set up libLTO, see
http://*llvm*.org/docs/LinkTimeOptimization.html
<http://llvm.org/docs/LinkTimeOptimization.html> and
http://*llvm*.org/docs/GoldPlugin.html
<http://llvm.org/docs/GoldPlugin.html>. "
at http://old.nabble.com/Compile-a-large-project-with-llvm--td27793811.html

However, I got
"...
checking for gcc... llvm-gcc -use-gold-plugin
checking for C compiler default output file name...
..."
when I following those instructions.

Any experience on compiling autotooled projects using LLVM is welcome.
Some online resource on this topic will be great. I am new to this list,
and I guess this topic may be discussed before.

Thanks,
Guoliang