[LLVMdev] Inserting a function call into bitcode

Nehal Gandhi nbg2k7 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 22:45:47 PDT 2010

Hi Eli,

Thanks for that. Rookie mistake on my side. It solves the linking issue.
However, it was not the main problem. The problem is when I execute the
linked file ( modified bitcode + file containing the function), I get an
assertion error - Assertion `Addr && "Code generation didn't add function to
GlobalAddress table!"' failed.

So my main concern - is that a correct way to insert a call instruction in
the bitcode the way I did? The same code for inserting a function call
instruction works correctly with LLVM2.5 .

Thanks,

Nehal.