[LLVMdev] can't run the Hello Pass: either not registered or registered multiple times, what is the problem?

John Criswell criswell at uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 2 14:32:30 PDT 2010

Anton Korobeynikov wrote:
> Hello
>

>> opt -load Release/lib/Hello.dll -hello < ./hello.bc > /dev/null
>> opt.exe: Unknown command line argument '-hello'.  Try:
>>
>> Could somebody give me a hint?
>>
> Loadable modules (e.g. passes) are not supported on windows. And will
> probably never be.

As an alternative, you can either:

1) Modify the opt program to statically link in the library implementing
your pass.
2) Create a new program (based on opt) that runs your pass on a
specified bitcode file.

SAFECode has done the latter; you can see what we did by checkout out
the SAFECode source code
(http://safecode.cs.illinois.edu/downloads.html) and looking at
tools/Sc/sc.cpp.

-- John T.