[LLVMdev] llvm for ARM

Sanjeev C sanjuchugh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 04:37:33 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I'm a new user of LLVM. I've been able to build and use LLVM for x86
architecture and I tried my code on simulator and it showed good performance
boost.

Same thing now I want to try out on ARM architecture which is a 32 bit
embedded Linux. To build LLVM on ARM, what does I need to do ?

1. Does I need to build llvm front end for ARM ?
2. I think I need to build LLVM for ARM. What are the flags needed while
configuring for 32 bit Linux?
3. My gcc version is 4.2. I hope there is no problem with this ?
4. apart from LLVM and llvm-front end, Do I need anything else ?

Are build instructions given anywhere ? Hoping for a quick reply :)

Thanks
sanjeev