[LLVMdev] Adding code to LLVM

Nick Lewycky nicholas at mxc.ca
Thu Jul 29 00:57:43 PDT 2010

Simone Corbetta wrote:
> Good morning everybody, I am integrating some modifications in the LLVM
> parser (specifically in the LLParser.cpp file), by adding calls to
> functions that I have defined elsewhere in a file called MyLibrary.cpp.
> How can I integrate such library in the overall tree? I would like to
> have a MyLibrary folder under lib/ so that I can access it from
> different parts of the code. Where should I put Makefile(s)?

Hi Simone,

Is this something you're trying to integrate with upstream, or just for
your own hacking?

Where you put the library depends on where the library belongs, which I
can't really answer without knowing what it is. Taking a cursory look at
lib/AsmParser, it really just depends on lib/VMCore, lib/Support and
include/llvm/ADT so hopefully it fits in one of those.

Nick