[LLVMdev] Minimal LLVM build?

A A sse3ml at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 17 02:15:05 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'd like to integrate LLVM with a project, and I wonder what is the
absolute minimum amount of libraries I have to compile to get a
working LLVM/JIT for use from C++. That is, I don't want to build any
command line tools, no tests, no examples, just the libraries.

I assume that the following folders can be removed safely from the 2.7 release:
* unittests
* tools
* test
* bindings
* examples
* projects
* docs

At least the rest compiles fine if I get rid of these. Is there
something more I can strip from the source? I want to integrate into
my source repository, so I want to keep the number of files as small
as possible. utils in particular seems to contain a lot of stuff which
is not necessary for building LLVM.

Thanks!

-- J