[LLVMdev] Tool for run-time code generation?

David Piepgrass dpiepgrass at mentoreng.com
Fri Jul 16 08:47:30 PDT 2010

Using C++ code, I would like to generate code at run-time (the same way .NET code can use dynamic methods or compiled expressions) in order to obtain very high performance code (to read binary data records whose formats are only known at run-time.) I need to target x86 (Win32) and ARM (WinCE).

Can LLVM be used for this purpose, or would something else work better? Are there any open-source projects that have done this, that I could look to as an example?

David Piepgrass, E.I.T.
Software Developer

Mentor Engineering Inc.<http://www.mentoreng.com/>
10, 2175 - 29th Street NE
Calgary, AB, Canada  T1Y 7H8

Ph: (403) 777-3760 ext. 490  Fax: (403) 777-3769

What are the costs of speeding & idling in your fleet?
Watch this short demo to find out<http://www.mentoreng.com/speed-idle/speed-idle-demo.html>
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CB24CB.E805DB10]