[LLVMdev] simple way to print disassembly of final code from jit?

Reid Kleckner reid.kleckner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 20:41:51 PDT 2010

If you're on a recent flavor of Linux, you may be able to just go into
gdb and type "disas <pointer-to-JITed-code>".  More detail here:
http://llvm.org/docs/DebuggingJITedCode.html

If you still want to do it programmatically, I think you might be
stuck.  IIRC the length known by the JIT memory allocator is an
overestimate (it's rounded up for alignment), so the disassembler will
hit garbage at the end.

Reid